Sunday, July 15, 2018
- 6:00am Transition opens (No earlier!)
- 6:00-7:00am Packet pickup, Chip timing pickup and on site Registration. On site registration requires cash or check to enter. (It is highly recommended to pick up your packet the day before the race).
- 6:45am – 7:15am Swim warmups
- 7:00am – National Anthem
- 7:00am Transition Closes for the Triathlon & Duathlon
- 7:10-7:25am pre-race briefing starts next to the pool.
- 7:25am Triathlon pre race line up at the pool.
- 7:30am Triathlon STARTS
- 7:35am Duathlon STARTS
- 9:00-9:30am (awards will begin as soon as we have results ready)
- 9:30am Kid’s Splash and Dash STARTS
Showers will be available post race in the Crozet Park/YMCA locker rooms. Please bring your own towel and toiletries.
Post race fun! There is lots to do in the Crozet area. A few fun things to do include attending the summer Sunday 1pm Polo matches held at breathtakingly beautiful King Family Vineyards (just over a mile away off the bike course), visiting Starr Hill brewery (walking distance from Crozet Park/YMCA) or one of the beautiful 30+ vineyards in the area, playing golf at stunning Old Trail or enjoying a local meal at one of the tasty Crozet restaurants!
TEMPERATURE USAT wetsuit/water temperature rules will be in place on race day. If both the air and water temperature are both in the 80’s and within the USAT non-wetsuit permissible range on race morning, a decision to not allow wetsuits will be made by the race director. Crozet YMCA’s pool water temperatures average in the low 80’s for this time of year and air temperature averages in the 80’s. Wetsuits will be discouraged and not allowed if it is a warm morning. The YMCA Pool is a 25-meter pool.
Saturday, July 14th, 2018
• 3:00pm – 5:00pm Packet Pick Up & on site Registration.
Claudius Crozet Park, PO Box 171 Crozet, VA 22932.
On site registration requires cash or check to enter. (It is highly recommended to pick up your packet the day before the race!).