2019 Beginner Program - Session #1 March 9 - June 1
To make your first experience(s) successful so you continue to enjoy and grow with the sport of triathlon.
Objective of the Program:
To give you the tools and personal coaching guidance to successfully complete a Sprint distance Triathlon in 2019. You’ll learn proper training techniques across the swim, bike, and run disciplines along with guidance on key strength conditioning. You’ll learn about the structure of the triathlon race and how to prepare for your big race day. You’ll not only have the support of a certified coach, but the support of your group in your journey.
• USA Triathlon and IRONMAN Certified Coach, Brian Tucker, as your dedicated program coach
• 12 week daily training plan focused on Triangle Sprint Triathlon - June 1st, 2019
• Regular communication with the coach
• Facebook community with your fellow athletes and coach
• Training on key topics like swimming, bike handling, running, strength conditioning, transitioning, and training/race day nutrition
• Organized group ride(s) and run(s)
• Organized group swim clinics at the Taylor Family YMCA in Cary
• Race day support
• Triangle Triathlon Club 2019 Membership - separate fee $59 (If you are a YMCA member, this is included in your registration fee),
• Active USA Triathlon membership – There will be a USA Triathlon sign-up link provided when you join TTC. The cost for USAT Membership is $50 ($45 if you are a new USAT Member)
• Proper equipment to complete the training and race (you can rent, borrow, or buy!)
• Dedication to the program for the full 12 weeks. Around 4 hours per week.
• Program Registration fee: $150 includes a two month trial YMCA Membership