Don't miss The Train Ride
on Saturday, June 9, 2018
The event begins at the Cary Train Station in downtown Cary. The 56-mile one-way ride takes you through rural NC to Burlington and ends at the historic Burlington Train Station.
Participants are encouraged to experience the full event by purchasing the optional return transportation back to Cary on the Amtrak train. With a dedicated car for all event participants, the train ride back to Cary will be almost as fun as the bike ride to Burlington!
For those looking for a 112-mile ride, turn-by-turn instructions will be provided for the bike ride back to the start. The round-trip cyclists may even beat the train back and be ahead of the crowd at the post-event party at Bond Brothers in downtown Cary.
Note: Due to a change in the Amtrak train schedule, the event schedule has been updated. See details under Event Schedule below.
This is a USA Cycling sanctioned
event and benefits NC Operation Lifesaver.
The event includes:
(Optional) Return Transportation
- Light breakfast before the ride (bagels and coffee)
- Snack and refreshments at midway rest stop
- Full lunch at the Burlington train station
- Access to the NC Railroad Whistlestop Museum (inside the Burlington train station)
- SAG vehicle with mechanic
- Custom event socks
- Post-event party at Bond Brothers Beer Company in Cary with a free beer for all participants
The return trip purchase includes:
Event schedule (Updated 5/14/18)
- One passenger ticket on the Amtrak train from Burlington to Cary on Saturday, June 9, departing at 12:24 pm and arriving in Cary at 1:21 pm.
- Dedicated train car for event participants
- Snacks and refreshments on the train.
- Return transport of bike (provided by Inside-Out Sports).
- Transportation of small bag of personal items from the event start in Cary to the 56-mile ride finish in Burlington for participants to access at the ride completion.
- NOTE: Due to seating capacity on the train, only 60 tickets are available for the return trip.
- 7:00 - 7:30 am: Check-in, Drop-off Clothes Change bag, Cary Train Station
- 7:30 am: Ride begins, group start
- 8:15 - 10:00 am: Mid-point stop is open
- 10:00 - Noon: Lunch served in Burlington
- Noon: All participants must arrive in Burlington for bike loading and train boarding
- 12:24 pm: Train scheduled to depart Burlington
- 1:21 pm: Train scheduled to arrive in Cary
- 1:30 pm: Post-event party begins at Bond Brothers
Registration uses Tier-pricing:
- [SOLD OUT}
Tier 1: $45 (first 25 registrations)
- Tier 2: $55 (all remaining registrations)
(Optional) Return Transportation (limit of 60 seats):