Triathon is one of the fastest-growing sports in the world, and introduces kids to a healthy, positive lifestyle that encourages daily exercise, good nutrition and making the right choices. It is a sport that rewards preparation, strength, endurance and attention to detail. This event is geared toward being an introduction to triathlons in hopes that youth continue to participate in these activities. The focus of this event is completion over competition!
- Race t-shirt
- Every finisher recieves a race medal!
- Professional timing with 5 splits for swim, bike, run & both transitions
- Food and drinks post race
- Race photos
- Race swim caps are complimentary on registration.
The registration fees below do not include online processing charges or the USAT Youth Membership cost ($10 for youth annual membership). This USAT fee is mandatory for your child to race for insurance purposes. You may purchase the USAT Youth Annual membership online or during registration. REGISTER AGE AS OF 12/31/2018.
Please note the race director reserves the right to add or delete the number of awards in age group categories prior to race day based on registrants in that category 2 weeks prior to race day. Awards will not be mailed out. You must be present to collect your award or have someone pick it up for you.
- 1st, 2nd, 3rd in male and female age groups: 6 and under, 7-8, 9-10, 11-12, 13+
- This is a USAT Sanctioned race. Learn More »
- Drafting is prohibited.
- The race will go on rain or shine.
- The race director reserves the right to alter the event for any reason due to logistics, safety or course hazards.
Saturday, September 8th, 2018
- 7:30am - 8:30am : packet pickup near race start / pool area. We encourage Friday packet pick up to avoid lines on race day.
- 7:30am - 8:30am : Timing chip pickup at packet pickup area. Each athlete must wear a timing chip to participate.
- 7:30am : Transition opens - ONE parent per athlete is allowed in with their child, BEFORE the race only
- 7:00am : Volunteer Check-in : Tent near tennis court/transition
- 8:45am : Transition closes
- 8:50am : Pre-race meeting at swim pool entrance/exit MAKE SURE YOUR CHILD HAS THEIR CHIP ON & lined up by number
- 9:00am : Race start for kids age 6-10, big kids please cheer on the lil guys!
- 9:30am : Race start for kids age 11-16, all big kids need to have their gear set up by 8:45am before the lil kid's race begins!
- Approx ~ 11:00am : Awards presentation in field near finish
Lunch will follow at the Blue Ridge School Cafeteria
Friday, September 7th, 2018
Darden Towe Park
1445 Darden Towe Park Road, Charlottesville, VA 22911
• 4:00pm – 6:00pm Packet Pick Up & Registration
**Race Director will be at packet pickup to answer any questions about race morning